Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Tonight’s moon is the Buck moon, when the horns of the young male deer break through. Having very little connection to deer (my power animals eat deer, but that’s about as close as I come), I really couldn’t connect this moon to my life right now. I am female and have been an adult for a while- what do I care about the awkward teenage years of bucks?

The last card I pulled from my tarot deck last night was the Singer of Initiation, the spirit that brings us to the edge of a new phase in life and challenges us to prove we are ready to meet it. As I rolled this reading around, in relation to my current life situation, the buck began to make sense to me.

While I am not physically passing into an adolescent buck phase in my life, I am entering a new form and stage of motherhood that is completely different than anything it’s been for me before. Like the buck, I am not changing who I am, but who I am in relation to the world around me. My responsibilities are bigger, my role is changed, and my life will never be the same, nor as simple.

This new form of motherhood is significant- significantly difficult, significantly risky, and significantly challenging. It is worthy of initiation and test to begin. While I have not chosen this path lightly, the impact of not being ready to meet the challenge, of being held back in a previous form rather than embracing the strength of the new one, could damage or destroy everything I hold dear. These new horns, as I grow and display them, are the proof of my transition from old form to new.

May the goddess walk the sky beside you tonight, whatever your form and where ever your journey takes you. Brightest blessings!

No comments: